When it comes to keeping your pet healthy, taking preventative measures is one of the best things you can do. A pet wellness exam gives pet owners peace of mind knowing they've taken their pet's health seriously. At True Companions VetVan, we recommend a wellness exam every year with our friendly veterinarian, Dr. Raeyna Modrow-Longtin.
Understanding a Pet Wellness Exam
Vet care services encompass a variety of necessary check-ups and screenings to ensure that your pet is staying healthy. Your pet may feel some nervousness if it's his or her first time getting a wellness exam, which is why we perform the examination in your pet’s home. A wellness exam will include checking the following:
- Eyes and Ears: This includes visual inspections of the eyes and ears to determine eye health or signs of sight loss or hearing loss.
- Dental: Our veterinarian will examine your pet's gums and teeth to look for signs of plaque buildup, disease, or broken teeth.
- Neurologic and cardiovascular: We will check for healthy reflexes and listen to your pet's heart for normal functioning.
- Weight: Your pet needs to maintain a normal weight range for a healthy body.
- Coat and Skin: Your pet's skin and coat should be checked for infections and illnesses that can interfere with daily life.
A pet wellness exam can include more than what is listed above, depending on your pet's lifestyle or pre-existing medical conditions. During the pet wellness exam, our veterinarian will administer and vaccinations or booster shots that are needed. Vaccinations help prevent the spread of infectious diseases that can be deadly to your pet.
The Benefits of a Pet Wellness Exam
We all want our pets to have the best life possible. Often, pets are in pain without the owner even realizing it. Many times, the symptoms are barely noticeable but they can worsen if they are not properly treated. Our veterinarian is trained to identify possible threats and provide a treatment plan immediately, if necessary. With the help of our in-home service, you'll know the best methods for keeping your pet healthy and happy for years to come.
Schedule a Pet Wellness Exam with Our In-home Veterinarian
If you live in or around the Cottage Grove area, call True Companions VetVan today at (866) 838-2738 (Vet2Pet) to schedule your pet’s wellness exam. We can't wait to meet your furry companions and give them the veterinary care they deserve.